Browse Cheat Codes by Game Title
Video Game Cheats, Codes, Walk-Throughs, and Hints/Guides for Dragon Ball Z Budokai
| Platform: Playstation 2
||User rating: 5
||Page visits: 779
The Legend Of HerculeThe Legend of Hercule is a game mode it will be available if you beat the tournament in adept level, then go to the Mr. POPO's store in the skills edit mode and buy the recomended cap, it should be named as The Legendo of Hercule, buy it and your done.
Get HerculeTo get Hercule you will need to beat the tournament in adept level.
Get Great SaiyamanTo get Gohan as the Great Saiyaman you will need to beat the tournament in advanced level.
Get Teen GohanWhen selecting your character, highlight 'kid gohan' and press square. You should get a box giving you the choice of kid gohan or teen gohan.
Control loading screenUse the Left Analog-stick to manually move the green radar that passes over the "Dragon Ball Z" logo at the bottom right of the screen. Press L3 to have it resume its normal scanning motion.
Android #16You can unlock Android #16 when you complete the "Aim For Perfect Form" episode.
Cell, Android #17, and Teen GohanPlay through "The Androids Saga" at any level.
DodoriaDefeat Recoome with Vegeta.
Freiza, Ginyu, and RecoomePlay through "The Namek Saga" at any level.
Radditz, Vegeta, and NappaPlay through "The Saiyan Saga" at any level
Super Saiyan ability (Goku only)Play through "The Namek Saga" at any level.
Super Saiyan ability (Vegeta only)Play through "The Androids Saga" at any level.
Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 abilities (Teen Gohan only)Play through "The Androids Saga" at any level.
Super VegetaYou can unlock Super Vegeta when you complete the "Vegeta's Confidence" episode.
TrunksYou can unlock trunks when you complete the "Perfect Form Cell Complete" episode.
YamchaYou can unlock Yamcha when you complete the "Aim For Perfect Form" episode.
ZarbonYou can unlock Zarbon when you complete the "Vegeta's Attack" episode.
Alternate appearancePress Square or Circle at the character selection screen. Your character may have different clothes or colors. Try this with Trunks and make him go Super Saiyan.
View alternate costumesPress R1 and R2 at the Capsule change screen to view the character's alternate costumes. Press L1 and L2 to zoom in and out. Use the Left Analog-stick to rotate the characters.
Alternate backgroundWhen you start the game and "Press Start" appears, remain idle and a FMV sequence will start. When the title screen appears, the background will be different. There are three or four different backgrounds.
Alternate levelsPress Square instead of X when selecting the Cell, Valley, and other levels for a different appearance.
Alternate endingsAfter you complete the story mode you will be able to go back and do new missions in the three different sagas to unlock characters and items. After you do the new missions for each saga (can be done randomly), another mission opens where the story from the cartoon and game is changed. In the Saiyan Saga, you play as Vegeta and take on the Z Fighters. After Vegeta defeats each of them he turns Super Saiyan. In the Namek Saga, you play as Frieza and once again take on the Z Fighters. Once they are defeated Freeza, will use the Dragonballs and ask to be invincible. His wish is granted and he destroys Namek and then goes after Earth. In the Android Saga, you play as Cell. After absorbing Android 17, Cell goes after Android 18. He will try to absorb her but Krillin will jump in the way and be absorbed instead. Cell will become a hilarious fusion between the two. He will then take on Yamcha. After the fight, Tien goes to blast him but Cell suddenly wakes up from a dream. He is in his Perfect form waiting for the Cell Games. These episodes can be unlocked when you complete Story Mode at any level.
Saiyan Saga episodes2. A Mutually Deadly Foe: You fight Radditz as Piccolo instead of Goku.
3 .Saiyan Attack: You fight Saibamen and Nappa as Piccolo.
7. Vegeta Saiyan Prince: You fight through Goku, Krillin, and Gohan as Vegeta and see what would happen if Vegeta defeated them all.
Namek Saga episodes2. Vegeta's Attack: You fight Zarbon as Vegeta
4. The Road to Super Saiyan: You fight Frieza as Vegeta.
5. Frieza or Vegeta?: You fight Frieza aganin but this time Frieza is in his Final form.
9. Raging Frieza: You fight Gohan or probably Krillin as Frieza.
10. True Ruler: You fight the Z fighters and see what would happen if Freiza ruled them all.
Androids episodes2. Super Saiyan Vegeta: You fight Andriod #19 as Vegeta.
5. Vegeta's Confidence: You fight Cell as Super Vegeta.
6. Perfect Form Cell Complete: You fight Cell at Perfect Form as Super Vegeta.
11.Aim for Perfect Form: You fight Android #16 as Cell.
12. A Cold-Blooded Assassin: You fight Yamcha as a retarded looking Krillin/Cell thing.
Story mode replay:Once you have completed story mode once, you will notice that there are some people missing, except for Gohan as a super hero and Hercule who get unlocked in world championship mode. Go back to story mode and you will see what you have done instead of starting a new story. Some of the episodes will have "New" beside them. Go into those episodes to get new players and new player abilities, such as a Super Saiyan for Vegeta.
Tournament winsWhen in Tournaments, instead of trying to kill the CPU opponents, just lure them close to the edge of the ring. Tap X + Down to move behind the opponent, then use a strong move to knock them out the ring.
TauntsTaunting (press Punch + Kick + Guard + Escape) will lower your opponent's Ki gauge by 1.
The Dragon BallsWithin the game you can collect the seven Dragon Balls. In order to get them, you have to buy them at Mr. Popo's shop. However, they are very rare. They cost 8000 Zenie each and will only appear in a "Recommended" or "Gambled" Capsule. After collecting all seven, go to the Caps List option in the "Edit Skills" menu. Then go along to the second to last list. If all seven Dragon Balls are present, press X and you will be asked if you wish to summon Shenron. Select "Yes" and you will be given the option to "Breakthrough" three random characters. Breakthrough is a Capsule which will open all the Death Moves, Transformations, and Physical Moves of the character in possession. However, it takes up seven ability slots and cannot be equipped in conjunction with anything else. After choosing your character, the Dragon Balls will disappear and you will have to collect them all again. If you do not like the random choice of three characters that Shenron powers-up, restart the PlayStation2. All your Dragon Balls will still be there when the game is resumed. Summon Shenron again until you like the choice of the three random characters.
Get Dragon Balls quickerGo to the Skill Shop and go down to the "Recommended" section. It will tell you what item it is. If it is not a Dragon Ball, exit and re-enter the shop again. The Recommended item will have changed. Keep repeating this until you see a Dragon Ball in the Recommended section. Make sure you have enough money, as each Dragon Ball costs 8,000 Zenie.
Keep and reuse the seven Dragon BallsThis trick requires three memory cards.
1. Save the original game on the memory card A, then save it again on memory card B or copy it from the PlayStation2 browser.
2. Create a new game and save it on memory card C.
3. Go to "Trade Skills" under "Edit Skills" with memory cards B and C and in the PlayStation2. Trade the Dragon Balls from memory card B to memory card C.
4. Remove memory card B and replace it with memory card A. Go to the "Skills List", find the Dragon Balls, and use them on the desired character.
5. Return to "Trade Skills" and trade the Dragon Balls from the memory card C to memory card A.
6. Repeat steps 1, 3, 4, and 5 until you have all breakthroughs for every character.
Alternately, use the following steps, which only require two memory cards.
1. Get all Dragon Balls on memory card A, then save.
2. Save it also on memory card B.
3. Use the Dragon Balls on memory card A on a character.
4. Trade Dragon Balls from memory card B to memory card A.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have all attacks for all the characters
Frieza's Space Ship CapsuleGet 12,000 Zenie go to "Recommended" in Mr. Popo's shop. When you see Frieza's Space Ship. pay the 12,000 Zenie. This Capsule takes three spaces in Frieza's slot. When you die, Frieza's Space Ship appears and restores everything. It also transforms you into Cyber Frieza.
Play through the Namekian Saga under the hardest difficulty setting and defeat Frieza at all times without losing once. The Capsule at the end should be Frieza's Space Ship.
The Legend Of Mr. Satan CapsuleUnlock Mr. Satan and go to the Mr. Popo's shop. Buy the "Advanced Tournament" Capsule and the one that appears next is "The Legend Of Mr. Satan". It is a new fighting mode, where you recreate the events that the public believed happened during the "Cell Games Saga".
Super Trunks 2 CapsuleThere is a capsule to get Super Trunks 2. It is stronger then Super Trunks and is very helpful when fighting in the tournaments. You can purchase this from Mr. Popo. The "Recommended" capsule section is the best place to find it. Exit in and out of the purchase screen and the recommended capsule should eventually appear as Super Trunks 2.
Adept Tournament CapsulePlay in Novice mode and become number one. Go to Mr. Popo's shop. You will see a gray Capsule for 8000 Zenie. It is Adept mode.
Advanced Tournament CapsulePlay in Adept mode and become number one. Go to Mr. Popo's shop. You will see a gray Capsule for 8000 Zenie. It is Advanced mode.
Red CapsuleOn world championship mode, if you win you get 10,000 Zenie and second place gets you 5,000 Zenie. This is useful because when you go to the shop and buy the Red Capsule, you will get some very good moves such as Super Saiyan Trunks, Kamahamaha for Krillen, and even Super Saiyan Level 2 for Gohan.
Burst ZoneWhen fighters simultaneously connect with an Energy Punch, you enter Burst Zone. You will know when this is happening by the speed at which both warriors are attacking and blocking. Rotate the Left Analog-stick as quickly as possible. If you are the fastest, you will deliver a powerful knock-back attack on your opponent upon exiting the Burst Zone.
Easy transformationsFor easier transformations, enter the options screen. Select the controller option then move over to "Costume". Hold L1 and press Left or Right until you see P K G (the transformation buttons). You will now have L1 as a transformation button. Note: You can do the same thing with taunts; just press Left or Right or left until you find P K G E.
Easy winTo easily defeat an opponent, go to "Edit Skills" and give your character a Viral Heart Disease Capsule and a Vaccine Capsule. The Vaccine Capsule negates the effects of the Viral Heart Disease Capsule on your player, and only your opponent will get their life drained. Fight through the story mode and/or the tournament mode until you can get the Senzu Bean, Viral Heart Disease, Vaccine, and Kamehameha skills. Equip all four skills on Goku, Gohan, or Krillin. When you now fight in a duel, allow your opponent to knock your health down to zero. By this time, the Viral Heart Disease should have depleted his health down to half of the last bar. The Senzu Bean will replenish all of your health and energy. Finish off your opponent with a four-punch combo and a Kamehameha.
Go into the options menu and set "Difficulty" to "Very Easy", "Com" to "Very Weak", equip the Vaccine, Viral Heart Disease, and a Senzu Bean, Set the time limit to 30 seconds.. When the match starts, dodge for the first fifteen seconds. The last fifteen seconds should deplete your opponent's health. When the clock reaches zero, if you have not been knocked out of the ring, you will be declared the winner.
Restore lifeTo get life without going into the rejuvenation chamber on Namek, go up closely to the chamber without going in. You should see your life bar fill.
Powering UpAny time during any match hold X, and press back and hold back to power up.
Different BreakthroughWhen making a wish to get a Breakthrough, take out the memory card if you don't see the wish listing the character you want. Keep going back to the dragon until you have what you want.
Cyber FriezaTo get Cyber Frieza you need to beet the Advanceed level in the tournements. Then you go to edit skills, then to skills shop. Go down to recommended, press square and it should be there.The name of it is Spaceship. If it isn't then just keep going in and out until you see it. It will cost 12,000 zine but it's worth it! this works about 70% of the time. but before you do this you need to make sure that you have goten Frieza from story mode. If you do have all of this stuff you will need to go to change caps. and then go to Frieza and press X,X. Then you should see a box with capsules. Go through them and find the one that says Spaceship, press X. This can only work if you go in duel, tournament or practice.
Easy Win in World TournamentsThere are 3 easy ways to win in World Tournaments:
1) Go to "Edit Skills" and then "Change Caps". Find your favourite player and go to his/her skills. Put the skills "Viral Heart Disease" and then "Vaccine" and 5 other strong skills in the custom tray. Then go to every other character and put only "Viral Heart Disease" in their custom trays. Then go and play a World Tournament. Choose your favourite player. Press X on him/her and then press up or down to get your player as CUSTOM instead of NORMAL. While fighting in the tournament, you will notice that your opponent's health is running out even when you're not attacking him/her. This way, keep running away from your opponent till his/her health stops running out. Go quickly and beat your opponent while you have the chance.
2) There is also an easier way. Go to "Edit Skills" and then "Change Caps" to your favourite player. Put the skill "Senzu Bean" after "Viral Heart Disease" and "Vaccine" and 4 other strong skills in the custom tray. Then go to every other character and put only "Viral Heart Disease" in their custom trays. Now you will have 6 bars of health while fighting in tournaments. And your opponent's health will still run out.
3) There is also a more easier way than that. Collect the skill "Frieza's Space Ship" from Mr. Popo's skill shop. Then go and collect all 7 Dragon Balls and get BREAKTHROUGH for Frieza. Then go to "Edit Skills" and then "Change Caps" to Frieza. Put the skill BREAKTHROUGH (Frieza) in his custom tray. Then go to every other character and put only "Viral Heart Disease" in their custom trays. Now you will have 9 bars of health while fighting in tournaments. And your opponent's health will still run out.
Note: Always choose your player as CUSTOM in tournaments. Try not to get your player rang-out or these 3 ways won't help you win.
Special AttacksGoku: Spirit Bomb + Warp Kamehameha
Vegeta: Big Bang Attack + Final Flash
Trunks: Burning Attack
Teen Gohan: Super Kamehameha
Piccolo: Hellzone Grenade
Android 19: Hell Flash
Krillin: Destructo Disk
Tien: Volleyball Fist
Frieza: Death Ball
Cell: Spirit Bomb
Ginyu: Body Change
Hercule: Hercule Special + Present For You